Quality Representation For New Business Owners
The business entity you choose depends on your current circumstances and your goals for the future. Without a thorough understanding of the legal and tax implications related to each entity option, you may make a decision based on misunderstandings and wrong information.
Since 1974, the attorneys at Burandt, Adamski & Feichthaler, PLLC, have advised entrepreneurs on every aspect of business formation. We are proud of our reputation in the Cape Coral business community, and we are eager to provide counsel for you as you build your business.
Choosing The Appropriate Entity
No matter your business experience, you will need sound and tested advice as you choose the entity for your business. Each entity offers different benefits and carries different responsibilities.
- Corporation: Choosing a corporation allows you to keep your personal assets protected from certain liabilities your business incurs because the corporation is an entity separate from you. Corporations pay taxes on profits and perhaps on net income as well.
- Limited liability company: An LLC has the benefit of liability protection similar to a corporation. For example, if your business involves owning real estate, any liability related to that property does not affect your personal assets. While an LLC does not face double taxation, it does carry the potential for complex tax implications.
- Partnership: Having a partner in your business may be attractive because it divides responsibilities, increases potential contributions and allows for more creative endeavors. Partnerships require carefully drafted agreements to avoid disputes, and they do not provide protection from personal liability.
Other options may be more suitable for your business venture. We can examine your business plan and help you find the right fit for your needs.
Comprehensive Support For Entrepreneurs
Business owners across Florida have trusted us to provide them with additional services customized to their needs, including:
- Purchase and sale of businesses
- Partnership, shareholder and operating agreements
- Agreements including leases, employment contracts, management contracts and noncompete agreements
- Representation for legal disputes
We serve clients in all business sectors, including real estate, construction, hospitality, retail, distribution and manufacturing.
Contact Us For The Counsel You Need
We look forward to contributing to the success of your business by offering quality, cost-efficient legal services to get your business up and running. Call our Cape Coral offices at 239-542-4733 or use our online form to consult with us.
Many Family Law situations can have a big impact on your future.
Don’t forget to update your estate plan.