Cape Coral, FL
Robson David Charles Powers, Esq. is a practitioner in a wide variety of high stakes litigation from commercial disputes, breach of contract cases, real estate disputes, landlord -tenant disputes, and probate and trust litigation. Robson graduated cum laude from the University of South Florida in 2009 with a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies with Certificates in Latin American Studies and Portuguese. He then received his Juris Doctor degree from Stetson University College of Law in 2012 where he was the recipient of the William F. Blews Pro Bono Service Award.
In 2017, 2018, 2019 and again in 2020 Robson was named a "Rising Star" by Florida Super Lawyers Magazine, which recognizes the top 2.5% of the State's young lawyers. To be eligible for "Rising Stars," an attorney must be under the age of 40 or have been practicing for 10 years or less. A multiphase selection process is used to determine which attorneys will receive this distinction, and nominees are evaluated on the basis of peer recognition and professional excellence. In addition, in 2016 Robson was selected by The National Black Lawyers as "Top 40 Under 40" in the State of Florida. Membership into The National Black Lawyers "Top 40 Under 40" organization is by invitation only and is extended to individuals who exemplify superior leadership, reputation, and results.
Robson is a member of the Florida Bar and the Trial Lawyers section of the Florida Bar. Robson enjoys giving back to the community and served as president of the governing board at Imagine School at North Port. In his free time, he enjoys outdoor activities such as running, camping, and kayaking with family and friends.
Areas of Practice
- Business Litigation
- Contract Litigation
- Landlord-Tenant Law Litigation (Commercial and Residential Evictions)
- Probate and Trust Litigation
- Real Estate Litigation
- All Other General Civil Litigation Matters
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Florida
- Stetson University College of Law, Gulfport, Florida
- Juris Doctorate
- University of South Florida, Tampa, Florida
- Major: International Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar, Member, Present
- Florida Bar, Trial Lawyers Section, Member, Present
- Florida Bar, Young Lawyers Section, Member, Present
Honors and Awards
Many Family Law situations can have a big impact on your future.
Don’t forget to update your estate plan.